A beautiful walking / cycling trail traverses the entire length of the shoreline between Gatakers Bay on Point Vernon to Urangan Boat Harbour – some 14 km in total !!!
Much of the track is sheltered with numerous amenities and facilities to enjoy along the way. The beach and the alluring waters of Hervey Bay are enticing and accessible from the many access points.
Feeling a bit hungry ??? There are numerous eateries located along Charlton Esplanade as well as some delightful cafes situate directly on the sea shore . . .
Viewing the sparkling water through the trees and vegetation that line the shore is fantastic; and the quality of the many, and beautifully landscaped picnic areas which bestow picnic tables, barbecues, public toilets, drinking fountains and seating is absolutely marvellous.
The trail is an easy gradient the entire way, consisting of well maintained paved surfaces. The trail, for the most part, is separated from the road.
– The Trail features:
– 14 km (28 km return)
– Difficulty = Easy
– Gradient = Minimal
– Maintained Paved surface
– You can join the trail at multiple locations
– Car Parking available at many intervals along Charlton Esplanade
– Points Of Interest nearby
– Things to Do nearby
– Facilities available at Hervey Bay include:
– Seating is provided at various locations along the Trail
- More InfoAddress: Charlton Esplanade - Gatakers Bay to Urangan Harbour