The Rye Front Beach embraces Port Phillip Bay for the entire length of the suburb’s borders. From jetties to cliff top lookouts, to white, sandy beaches that stretch for kilometres – all overlook the clear, sparkling waters of the bay providing immediate sanctuary from the bustling towns and suburbs behind. The ever popular front beach is wonderful to walk year ’round, and to swim and indulge in all manner of water sports – especially during the warmer months. Nonetheless, as soon as the wind escalates, kite surfers seem to emerge from everywhere – no matter what the temperature . . .
As pretty as a picture, the scene is complimented by the iconic and colourful boat houses.
A delightful trail meanders through the sand dunes from which many beach access trails branch out.
– Within Close Proximity to Town Centre – obtain Directions here
– Numerous Foreshore Car Parks service the Beach Foreshore
– Pets are permitted at various times during various seasons of the year
– Accessible via many Beach Access Trails
– Facilities available at Rye include:
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.