Points of Interest Category: Historical POI's 1881-1900, Historical, and Site | MilitaryPoints of Interest Tags: Attractions | Things to See - Mornington Peninsula, Coles Track - Point Nepean, Gunnery Bunker - Point Nepean, Military - Point Nepean, Point Nepean National Park, and Port Phillip Bay
Wandering along the sandy walking trail known as Coles Track, captivated by the stunning views that become apparent at every clearing – quite expectantly, a sombre, concrete structure materialises . . .
As one ventures closer, one can’t help but be reminded of Point Nepean’s military past. One can wander all around and through this Gunnery Bunker – its mood sending images of soldiers, guns, war, terror, fear and battles through your mind. Though there is no official signage regarding the era of this bunker, its location and structure would suggest it be of the same era as Eagles Nest ?
– Located approximately 5.4 km from the Portsea Town Centre – obtain Directions here
– To obtain a List of Points of Interest along the ‘Coles Track’ – click here
– Accessed via the Coles Track
– Located within Point Nepean National Park
– Other Historical POI’s Nearby
– Parking at Gunners Cottage Car Park
– Facilities available at Portsea include:
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.