The Car Park at Gunners Cottage is the furthest point on the Mornington Peninsula that can be accessed by car. Located within the Point Nepean National Park, it is the point from which many set out from to hike, cycle or catch the shuttle bus to very tip of the Mornington Peninsula – where one can witness the treacherous waters of ‘The Rip’. With countless points of interest and stunning sceneries along the way, be sure to allow enough time to take it all in.
If you are planning to make the trek to Fort Nepean at the tip of the peninsula, it is wise to use this opportunity to use the amenities at ‘Gunners Cottage’. Be sure to pack a snack and water as refreshments are not available within the park. The next Rest Rooms are situate at the very point of the promontory, some 3.8 km away . . .
– Located approximately 3.4 km from the Portsea Town Centre – obtain Directions here
– Located within Point Nepean National Park
– Gunners Cottage Car Park provides access to:
– Coles Track (walking)
– Walter Pisterman Heritage Walk (walking)
– Defence Road (walking, riding, shuttle bus)
– Parking Specifications:
– for standard vehicles
– first in best dressed basis (busy during peak periods)
– car parks are unmarked
– surface is primarily unsealed (dirt)
– Adjacent to ‘Gunners Cottage’
– Facilities available at Portsea include:
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.