Located some 3 km from the centre of the township of Portarlington in Victoria, this assembly of weatherboard buildings comprises stables, outbuildings, house and cheese factory – sadly now in a ruinous condition . . .
However, some evidence demonstrating the various stages of development of the property and the additions to the buildings over the years, still remain.
The main house features a hipped roof roof section as well as an earlier double gabled section with simple decorated barge boards, which is indicative of the early weatherboard buildings of the 1850’s.
Frederick Willey, a prominent, successful and pioneering settler of the area, purchased what is now known as ‘Lincoln’s Farm’ in 1877. According to his probate dated in the year 1900, this was one of two farms owned by Willey at the time of his death, amongst various other properties in the area.
Frederick Willey died in his retirement villa ‘Laura Villa‘ located in the heart of Portarlington on the 25th January 1900. In the Probate of Frederick Willey, the property was referred to as ‘Sea View Farm’ – tenanted by his son-in-law, John Leigh:
Reference to the name ‘Rosedale Farm’ was found in the following public notice:
The farm remained a fully functioning dairy farm until the 1950’s. Sadly, now it stands in ruins and can only be viewed from the roadside . . .
– Close proximity to Town Centre – obtain Directions here
– Car Parking available along Newcombe Street
– Other Historical POI’s in Portarlington
– Facilities available at Portarlington
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.
- Sealed Road